We’re pleased to share a special treat: Chef Amanda’s apple crisp recipe from our Family Christmas Luncheon. Enjoy!
Amanda’s Apple Crisp
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cook oatmeal
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups cold butter
- 3 to 4 lbs. diced apples (I like a mix of Granny Smith and Fuji)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”x13” baking dish.
- Place cold butter in stand mixer and add all dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed until a crumb topping forms.
- Toss apples in juice and put into a baking dish.
- Mix 1/3 of topping into apples and spread evenly in the pan.
- Spread remaining 2/3 of topping over apples.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Serve hot or cold.