Rachel Caro, Caregiver and Med Tech, would like to share her amazing Chicken Pot Pie recipe. This is one of the recipes our residents absolutely love and always ask for here at Fieldstone Adult Family Home. Enjoy!
- 2 boxes of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare piecrusts as directed on box for a two-crust pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken or turkey and the mixed vegetables. Remove from heat. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.